University of Toronto
Deadline: 30 Nov 2017 (annual)
Study in: Canada
Course starts 2018
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at the University of Toronto is intended to recognize international students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
University of Toronto, Canada
Level/Field of study:
Undergraduate programme offered at the University
Number of Awards:
Each year, approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
International students from around the world, including international students studying at Canadian high schools.
The scholarship will cover tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
An international student nominated by their school will be invited to submit an application to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship program. The criteria are
• an international student
• an original and creative thinker
• committed to school and community
• a high achiever in academic and creative pursuits
• enthusiastic about learning and intellectual exploration
• have demonstrated strong leadership skills
• currently in their final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2017
• intending to begin university in the upcoming academic year (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered)
To apply, you’ll need to:
• Receive a nomination from your school. (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application for nomination rights available here.)
• Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2018 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines.
• Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
The school nomination deadline is 30 November 2017 while the student application deadline is 15 January 2018.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.future.utoronto.ca/content/lester-b-pearson-international-scholarship-program